If you're not convinced it's time to take the plunge then here's ten reasons to make the move:
1. 30 minutes of exercise in the pool is the same as 45 minutes on the land.
2. Goggles, woggles and floats really make learning a much less stressful experience than it may have been in the past.
3. The endorphins your body creates after a swim make you feel fantastic.
4. It is a low impact exercise so your joints don’t take a pounding, but your muscles will benefit.
6. Meet people who are in the same position as you and want to learn too which can help you feel more confident.
7. Encourage the children you spend time with to swim by seeing how confident you are in the water.
8. Try wearing goggles to keep the water out of your eyes and help you see.
9. The resistance of the water helps you to burn up calories faster.
10. You are never too old to learn a new skill.